Cute card duo | American Crafts DT


Hello friends! Today, I would like to share with you two cards that I created with the uber-cute Sweater and Weather collection for the American Crafts blog. This time I wanted to try something new with my cards, and just love how this project turned out! 
I have some lovely creative friends, who love to send pocket pages to each other for any occasion just like Christmas. My idea was that I incorporate a mini pocket page into my cards, and surprise my friends with ‘two in one’ cards.


Let’s see my first card. It seems I am immediately drawn to the soft pinks and light blue of this collection, mixed with some wood pattern, and of course, gold accents...who can resist?


For my next card, I focused on traditional colors of the collection. I love the deep red and green with the cute ephemera pieces!  So pretty!



Let me share with you the creative process of these Christmas cards in simple steps: 
I started with creating a card base using white cardstock. I cut a frame from patterned paper using my cutting machine. To adhering the frame, I used the thin and super sticky AC red tape on the flaps, bent the flaps back and attached the frame to the front of the card.


My mini pocket pages came together very easily and quickly! I drew template and attached to the back of the plastic sheets with washi tape. I used my Fuse tool to create the tiny pockets. I sealed the inner lines first and left the outline open. After that, I selected my materials, choosing a color palette I loved, patterned papers that I couldn't wait to incorporate, a couple of cute ephemera pieces I could layer one with another, and gold stickers that give a fun sparkle to my pocket pages. I trimmed six pieces of patterned paper and embellished them. When finished, I filled the pockets, and closed the outer edges with the Fuse tool.



To place the pocket page into the card, you just have to fold the border back and slip the pocket behind the frame.
One more TIP: Make your letter more personal with a special envelope! I used my WeR Memory envelope punch board for creating an envelope, and punched a heart shape from the front using the Clear Cut Heart punch. I backed the shape with transparent paper and placed some sequences and patterned paper behind.

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope I could inspire you to try something new and create special cards for Christmas! Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment